Businesses in Glenelg Shire’s key retail precincts can secure funding to give their shopfront a ‘facelift’, with expressions of interests now open for a popular business improvement program.
Round 3 of the Glenelg Shire’s Retail Façade Improvement Program opens from Monday 9 August, offering eligible businesses a grant and/or loan to assist in improving the appearance of their premises.
Grants can be used for:
• Painting and upgrades to façades.
• Removal of outdated signage, air conditioning units and hoardings.
• Minor repairs, maintenance, or reinstatement of missing elements of the facade,
particularly for heritage buildings.
• Minor repairs to existing façade tiles or stone accents, structural façade elements
• Veranda upgrades including new construction and replacements.
• Installation of new business signage.
• Installation of new store lighting visible from the street.
• Other external façade works that reflect the intent and purpose of the fund.